Lost Tales of Beleriand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How are we doing?

3 posters

Go down

How are we doing? Empty How are we doing?

Post  Kithrater Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:35 am

At the moment, I'm focusing on developing content for the five professions - giving each of them something to do that is distinct from other professions.

Here's where I think I stand on that -at the moment-. I would like your comments as to how close to reality I am:

+ hunters: have a lot of basic hunting to do: can go after small game, difficult things like deer, try to die on boars or team up with a buddy, avoid groups of wolves, or band together to go after bears. A wide variety of challenges requiring a bit of skill and coded fun, which proceeds to skinning and butchering to make cash. Probably the best money-maker in the game at the moment, and might need to be toned down.

+ warriors: have both solo and group things to do: spar with other PCs, or with the new sparring NPC placed in to the game. Group, automated orc progs are working fairly strongly - there's room for added functionality (more treasure, orcs taking PCs captive rather than killing them, and so on), but for now it works fairly well. They seem to have stuff to do, rewards to gain, and so on.

+ sages : literary types struggle for things to do, and this needs to be addressed, by healer/herbalist sorts have the basics of herbalism to play with. Although the system is not in its finished form, as it is it gives players the ability to make and learn about a few potions, and apply them or sell them to players. More potions need to be expanded upon, and more forageables put in to the game (and more distinctions between zone-types), but so far they've got activities to do.

+ traders : completely screwed at the moment. I'm working on introducing a low level system of trading for them, hopefully will have it done by the end of the week.

+ outcasts: likewise, very little for them to do. Also working on "outlaw" stuff for them to do, mostly raiding NPC caravans and taking NPC travelers hostage for ransom, both solo and group activities, which will also give warrior PCs stuff to do: riding on caravans.

So, what ideas do you have for the various professions, ideas for both solo-play or group-play?

Kithrater
Admin
Admin

http://lost-tales.org

Back to top Go down

How are we doing? Empty Re: How are we doing?

Post  Tenshin Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:14 am

Sages need to be given a way to earn coins, herbalists can do it. Healers can also do it, but hardly since the starting skill is usually very low.

Perhaps a craft could be given to entertain the crowds with stories or poems, that would check your literacy skills. And if you pass then you get some coins from the crowds.
Tenshin
Tenshin
Regular
Regular

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lex Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:25 am

I think in the case of Herbalists (who can make a very small amount of coin), Healers (who can't possibly make as much coin as the NPC) and Sages, finding employment IC for their skills is probably the best (and I might go as far as to say, the intended) way for the three professions to make money. They all provide vital skills and knowledge, but it's not something that's always seen as chargeable. I think the best thing to do would be to make sure these characters (the herbalists and healers already definitely are, but sages?) provide very important services that would make the clans want them, and badly.

EDIT: Oops! I just saw some of the new craft additions! Maybe a skill check would be effective? With a long OOC Delay
Lex
Lex
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum