Lost Tales of Beleriand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tripping and Striking

3 posters

Go down

Tripping and Striking Empty Tripping and Striking

Post  Falconer Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:38 pm

Hey Kith,

Wanted to flag for you (and maybe this is intended) but the combination of having your opponent trip and fall down, plus using <strike eye> or <strike neck> directly afterwards is pretty powerful - you can take them down a couple of stars instantly.

This may be the case - and I imagine that skill in Prowess or high Agi will result in far fewer trips, but wanted to flag it for you all the same. One trip pretty much changes the fight entirely in one-on-one combat.

Additionally, perhaps having some sort of skill that branches later on - towards high mastery of combat abilities - such as sommersault or roll, would be of use to counter this.

Falconer
Regular
Regular

Location : Areas of Expertise: Character creation, pRPT and plot design, First Age canon, House of Haleth.

Back to top Go down

Tripping and Striking Empty Re: Tripping and Striking

Post  Poe Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:46 pm

Perhaps one cannot aim at the head, neck or eyes while someone is on the ground. Aim small, miss small I always say. A person falling and flailing about would make a neck, head and especially the eyes difficult for anyone but an extremely experienced soldier to work with. That is my take anyway.

Poe
Poe
Poe
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Kithrater Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:50 pm

I've made it so you can't aim for people's critical vitals when they've fallen down or tripped. If you already were aiming when they fell, the strike still goes through.

How this is handled will be changed in the future, but for now it's disabled to prevent quick-kills.

Kithrater
Admin
Admin

http://lost-tales.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum