Lost Tales of Beleriand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helpfile Database

5 posters

Go down

Helpfile Database Empty Helpfile Database

Post  Dreamer Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:53 am

We have not yet started building our helpfile base for LToB, and so I wanted to ask those of you who are already loyal followers:

What helpfiles do you believe would be the most helpful to put in first? Or even at all? Some that others might be lacking, or anything that might assist you in getting used to the game. We'll eventually get all of them in there, of course, but we'd like to know which would be a priority.
Dreamer
Dreamer
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Helpfile Database Empty My thoughts...

Post  Eitan Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:03 pm

This is point by point what I believe should be added first and foremost.

- More information on each of the races/perhaps an example of a direct tribe/house and how they're culture would appear in this setting... what weaponry/technology they'd have, seeing as some of the races have been under Elvish influence longer then others.

- Information on the Valar and what would be appropriate for players to know, and what wouldn't be... how they'd be able to conduct any form of worship and if there is way some sort of unified measure of religion in any sense of the word... and if so, detailed precisely as to the extent of it.
Obviously... it'd help to have a human and elf perspective for the helpfiles.

- Background on the Kingdom/It's Hierachy, once again from both Human and Elf perspective, perhaps even going as far as outlining the current and previous political relationships the various races have had with one another... inherent friendships/animosity come into mind.

I think that'd be a good enough start to move on.

Eitan
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Helpfile Database Empty Re: Helpfile Database

Post  Falconer Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm

I would prioritize them as follows:

1. Help files for the most common commands. North, say, whisper, talk, follow, group, strike, aim, etc.

2. Help files for the crafting system.

3. Help files for particular skills.

4. Help files for aspects of the theme (races, geography, etc - most of this can be gleaned from the Top-40 for now.)

5. Files for the various clans/organizations.

Falconer
Regular
Regular

Location : Areas of Expertise: Character creation, pRPT and plot design, First Age canon, House of Haleth.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Juju Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:01 pm

I would prioritize the helpfile list as follows:

1. Commands, such as 'score' and 'skills'
  2. Important character information, such as skills and stats.
  3. Information on the theme
Bad Juju
Bad Juju
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalden Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:25 am

Concur with Bad Judju. I don't think we need helpfiles on things like "north", but perhaps an overall helpfile on moving around, and a helpfile for commands like "group".

Kalden
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum