Lost Tales of Beleriand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An End to Beta - Discussion

+6
Dreamer
Kithrater
Ebonhart
Threepwood
Tepes
Lex
10 posters

Go down

An End to Beta - Discussion Empty An End to Beta - Discussion

Post  Lex Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:32 am

I.. I don't know what to say guys..

I've never had a MUD break up with me before.. I thought everything was going so WELL! And then they pull out the "It's not you, it's me" conversation. *stuffs her maw with ice cream*

---

I am going to be -SO SAD- to lose my favorite mud for a few months, especially with the winter break coming up. I'd like to hear a lot more about the move to Tol Sirion, especially. Brand new culture, vastly different setting..

As for keeping/retiring characters, is there any benefit to doing either? Will characters who are kept on have skills boosted to take into account that in-between time, or will they be moved over how they are at closing?

Thanks for giving us a heads up as well Kith! I'll miss this game.
Lex
Lex
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

An End to Beta - Discussion Empty Re: An End to Beta - Discussion

Post  Tepes Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:42 am

Sad
Tepes
Tepes
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Threepwood Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:49 pm

Dagnabit! Well, it's been fun. And thanks to the staff for all the stuff they've done so far.

And I'm sure my character will be back on the re-opening to cause a little trouble.
Threepwood
Threepwood
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebonhart Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:29 pm

Lex wrote:I.. I don't know what to say guys..

I've never had a MUD break up with me before.. I thought everything was going so WELL! And then they pull out the "It's not you, it's me" conversation. *stuffs her maw with ice cream*

---

I am going to be -SO SAD- to lose my favorite mud for a few months, especially with the winter break coming up. I'd like to hear a lot more about the move to Tol Sirion, especially. Brand new culture, vastly different setting..

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter more succinctly than I could write them.

Sigh. I guess this means I'm gonna have to break out all of Tolkein's works and read them in the meantime.

I'm glad of the option to carry characters over. Visiting Hule's in the full game's gonna be a load of nostalgia.

Regardless of how long the development takes, though, I'll be back. I've played just long enough for it to become a powerful habit, and now I've gotta get my fix.

Great work though, everyone. I haven't had this much fun in years.
Ebonhart
Ebonhart
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Kithrater Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:03 pm

1: I admit it's not the ideal situation. However, all the staff hashed it out, and it came down to two options, being A) keep the game as it is and struggle to move it forward, and B) shut down the game temporarily and make it a lot better. If nothing else, we're all of the mindset we'd rather risk failure to achieve greatness than take the easy path and mediocrity.

2: If you decide to keep your character around, we'll try to find them a place in Tol Sirion that will be above and beyond a newbie role. Ideally, we want there to be in-game leaders and figures of note from the PCs, so players can get busy developing their own plots and pursuing their own ambitions as quickly as possible.

This many mean giving skill boosts, changing equipment, and so on.

Kithrater
Admin
Admin

http://lost-tales.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamer Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:24 pm

For the record - I'll miss you guys terribly. When Kith first mentioned this, that was the first thing I said. I'd miss the players. However, I think it is the best path for us to take right now. We focus and get a lot more done when we don't have you guys to watch, nurture, and play with. Sad

We want you ALL back, though. Please. And keep up with the boards in the meantime! That way I don't have to miss you entirely.
Dreamer
Dreamer
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Schizo Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:06 pm

Don't leave us!

Or you'll never get to see what we have in store for you!
Schizo
Schizo
Builder
Builder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lex Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:44 pm

I totally hear you guys. Building is intense work, especially while juggling us (troublesome) players. I hope the next few months are productive!

If any of you play other MUDs and are looking for someone to pick up a short term role, let me know! I need to fill my leisure time with something!
Lex
Lex
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorilla Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:46 am

Now, I'll have to find a new use of my free time. I wish I had some coding skill, I really want a good Exalted game.. Sad
Gorilla
Gorilla
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenshin Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:17 pm

Suspect ....I'm not drunk... And I'm not asleep... Which would mean that.... affraid
Tenshin
Tenshin
Regular
Regular

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knoxx Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:46 am

Gonna miss the game, but I'll be watching and keeping up on things. The quality is great, I can't wait to see what comes later.

Knoxx
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down